Friday, May 16, 2014

Hank Chronicles Chapter Two...


Shortly after connecting with Hank's foster mom, we planned to go to a Pet Expo where we were to meet who I still referred to as "meatball".

So I fell in love. I fell in love with a hairless, sticky, stinky little man on the 14th of December at the garden factory's "Pet-a-Palooza". Looking back, all of the things that I found most endearing that day were small warnings.
For example:
1. Awwww look he wants to sit on my lap and hug me! ... No. He was just trying to hump me.
2. He's giving me kisses! ... No. He was eating my earring.
3. He's so nice to everyone that he meets! No. He just wants treats.
4. Oh no! He had an accident on the floor. He didn't even lift his leg. No. He still pees like a girl. Or when he can't care less, he doesn't even bother to squat.

Now don't get me wrong. I knew that day that despite how sick he was, this dog was a good boy. I knew that this dog was worth it.

Hank's foster family couldn't possibly have been any more loving and supportive. His first momma truly saved his life. She took him in with no time to spare as a skinny, pitiful, bloody mess. Not knowing anything about his history or conditions, she brought him home.

Something you should know about this woman is that she is not only a truly kind and compassionate person, but she is f*ing hysterical. From the first email back and forth it was hard to decide if I wanted to be her friend or the dog's more. One of the things that she had said that first day was how much of a momma's boy Hank would be, and how great would it be if he had TWO mommas. That resonated with us and just made us feel so good. We had been nervous that some adoption networks wouldn't be supportive of us being a same sex couple.

We were able to pick Hank up for a play date the next weekend after meeting him. I was so excited! I picked him up, brought him back to the apartment and he humped me the ENTIRE time. 



Enter Dylan:

This cat clearly couldn't be any less enthusiastic about the Star Wars creature that had infiltrated his kingdom. 

Despite the incessant pelvic thrusting, we had a great first visit. Still being really sick, Hank was super snuggly and sleepy for a good portion. We pretended that he loved us and imagined what life would be like as a happy little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment