Monday, May 12, 2014

Hank Chronicles Chapter One...

Meet Hank.
Hank is the most beautiful canine to ever roam the earth. He is also my fur-son and one of the most entertaining little creatures I have ever known. Hank has a story. A story that will make you appreciate his stunning good looks more than you could imagine.

Hank is also a pure bred pit bull asshole. It sounds like a terrible thing for me to say, I know, but I believe that one of the greatest gifts in life is laughter. Hank makes us laugh.









Meet Jordan.
Jordan is my much better [looking] half and Hank's other mommy. We decided a little over five months ago that we had reached the point in our relationship where we were ready to get a dog together. HAHAHA We seem flip flop roles when it comes to wanting something outrageous or that we are so not ready for, and this was no exception.


Ex. conversation.
J "Hey, I had a woman in my class (she teaches painting classes) tonight that works for Nuts for Mutts! She told me about a few dogs that are up for adoption. One of them is a little guy with really bad mange..."*shows picture*.
Now, this is how it translated for me.






J *shows picture of terrifying little ball of scabs and skin* "You NEED him. You NEED to save him. No one can love him like YOU can. Let's get him tonight!" His name must be "Meatball".


















Have you opened your wallet and started dialing your local SPCA yet?? Okay, you're right. You can't get over his weird little feet. (They're totally weird and webbed, but will hopefully one day make carrying a beer to me much easier.)
How about these ones: 













Now that you are in tears and angry, wondering how someone could cause or leave an animal to be this sick, we can talk about that later. Lets get the #1 burning question out of the way. He is not a tree creature from Lord of the Rings, he was just super scabby and swollen from the worst case of demodex mange that I've ever seen. He was taken in by Rochester Animal Services at an estimated 8 months old and weighing approximately 30lbs. His foster family took him in at the eleventh hour and gave Boggs (his adopted name) a well deserved and lifesaving second chance.

About a month or so later we met our prince, and kissed his sticky little body, aaaaaand got really itchy.


No comments:

Post a Comment